Take Steps to Protect Yourself
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least
20 seconds especially after you have been in a public
place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand
sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all
surfaces of your hands and rub them together until
they feel dry.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Put distance between yourself and other people if COVID-19 is spreading in your community. This is especially important for people who are at higher risk of getting very sick.
Take Steps to Protect Others
- Stay home if you are sick, except to get medical care.
- When sneezing, cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow.
- Throw used tissues in the trash.
- Immediately wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, clean your hands with a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Clean AND disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily. This includes tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets, and sinks.
- If surfaces are dirty, clean them: Use detergent or soap and water prior to disinfection.