Pediatric House Calls in the 21st Century? CareClix Makes It Possible
By John Korangy, MD, MPH, DABR
Doctors who treat children know that pediatrics is prone to lots of uncertainty. Kids have late night emergencies, often require care outside of conventional office hours, and generally demand a greater amount of scheduling flexibility than adult patients. And of course, parents of young children present their own challenges to pediatric offices; parents want information, they want flexibility, and they want the reassurance that comes from knowing their children are being well cared for.
CareClix offers a better way to deliver care -- more conveniently, more cost-effectively, and with greater communication between doctors offices, patients, and their families. Like a 21st century version of a housecall, CareClix telemedicine technology allows doctors to deliver personalized medical attention to people wherever they are, and in turn expands the capacity of a practice to treat children at all hours, almost anywhere, without compromising quality or security.
Below are a few ways CareClix systems can help your pediatric practice thrive:
- Inline medical suites - There are more than 200 widely available medical devices that are already compatible with our system, allowing you to expand your telemedicine program without having to buy new equipment. We also offer kits with basic medical equipment to send to parents, so that they can monitor children’s vital signs at home while keeping your office informed of recorded medical information in real time.
- Online communication platforms - Through our mobile app or our website, you and your patients can securely have face-to-face medical visits, discuss the results of any medical tests taken remotely, and exchange relevant medical information. CareClix expands who you can treat: children in rural areas, for example, or kids who just can’t get to the office during the day.
- Electronic health records - With medical records securely accessible to doctors and patients online, CareClix allows patients and families to manage their own health better, and facilitates the sharing of information between your office and the children you treat.
- Electronic prescription services - CareClix automates the prescription process for your office, making it easier for you to authorize prescriptions, and easier for your patients’ parents to order them and track their progress.
- ER triage - Kid having an emergency? CareClix allows you to perform triage off-site, potentially saving parents and children a trip to the emergency room, and -- in the event of an immediate medical need -- saving families time when they actually do get to the hospital.
- Self-scheduling services - CareClix makes scheduling simpler and more flexible for you and the families of patients you treat.
- Insurance, claims verification and tracking, and automated reimbursement workflow- Let CareClix automate insurance systems to save you, and your patients, time filling out paperwork and tracking down reimbursements.
By linking telemedicine technologies to your office and your patients, CareClix saves you time, expands the kind of services you can offer, and generally helps your practice focus on what’s most important: the health of the children and families you serve.
About the Author:
Dr. Korangy is the Cofounder of CareClix, a Pioneer in the field of Telemedicine, and a widely respected doctor with more than a decade of experience working as a physician. Dr. Korangy specializes in radiology, and understands firsthand many challenges facing doctors and patients in today’s evolving economic and political environments. Dr. Korangy is committed to improving service delivery to patients throughout the United States, and to supporting the medical community in expanding what is possible for care. He received his medical degree from George Washington University and received medical training at Georgetown University.